After coming home from an afternoon at the beach with my hubby and Baby Carrot, I jumped on the computer to check my email and Facebook before starting dinner. To my surprise, I had been contacted by a fellow blogger that they had nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” Award. A huge thank you to Cleansed By God who nominated me!
Apparently, there are 5 steps to accepting this award. They are:
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2) Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
3) Tell them seven facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
5) Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
Step one, check! Step two, check!
On to Step three! Seven facts about myself… (and I will try to list some things you all don’t already know…)
1. I am in love with the ocean. I honestly can not get enough of it. We went to the beach yesterday, and I kept stalling for time so we didn’t have to leave, even though we had an incredibly grumpy baby who needed to go home. I’m not really sure what it is, but there is something about taking your shoes off and wading in the cold water and smelling the air and hearing the seagulls and picking up rocks and seashells… I could live there forever.
2. I love baking. But not really because I actually enjoy the baking part of it. And especially not because I enjoy cleaning up afterwards. I mostly just like making snacks for the hubby, and seeing which ones he likes best. So far, I think my gingersnap cookies are in first place :D
3. My top three favorite books of all time (and not in order of favorite- they are all tied for first place) are The Poisonwood Bible (by Barbara Kingsolver), The Harry Potter series (by JK Rowling), and Oryx and Crake (by Margaret Atwood).
4. I am a soon-to-be-mommy-of-a-one-year-old. So, some of you probably already knew that, but I keep forgetting, and then remembering, and then freaking myself out. How can a year already have gone by?
5. I [we] do not own a television. For three reasons: 1) we can’t really afford it. 2) I would rather Kyrie had as little screen time as possible. There are so many cooler things for a little girl to do than to sit around and watch crappy TV. and 3) Tony is unable to focus on anything else in the entire world if there is a TV show playing in the vicinity. So no TV, thanks :)
6. I am trying to figure out how to force myself to like foods that I have never liked before, in the name of a healthier diet. But seriously, how do you force yourself to like fish and nuts? I’m working on it, but it’s taking a while >.<
7. Last but not least, I am trying to learn how to sew. I never really learned how to when I was younger, and I am pretty intimidated by a sewing machine. But I like the idea of being able to make (and fix) more of Kyrie’s clothes on my own.
Step three, check! As for my 15 nominees with the loveliest of blogs, please stand up: Lauren from The Urban Hippie, Christine from This Clever Camera, Anna from CoffeeAntics, Bethany from More Fruit Please, Cessie from SimplyCessie, Cassie from Books & Bowel Movements, Bryn from Away At Home Mom, Christiana from Insert Cheesy Title Here, Reenay from Beneath The Sunshine, Whitney from Live Run Love Yoga, Yuliya from Transition to Balance, Jane from Nothing By The Book, Emelia from Trying To Be Good, Claudia from The Wandering Youth, and Leah from Uprooted Magnolia. You, my lady-blogging friends, are lovely and amazing. Keep sharing!
[Step four, check!]
As four step five, I will wait until after I publish this to get in touch with the fabulous fifteen. Another thank you to ‘Cleansed By God’ for nominating me for my first little blogging award- it was unexpected and appreciated :)
Until Next Time,